The Sponsors Mardi Gras Parade is a lively and exciting street parade with rhythmic dances performed by costumed dancers, accompanied by musical bands and colorful floats. It is an organic event of the Dinagyang Festival. It will be held on January 26, 2013 (Saturday) and will start at 2:00 P.M. from Freedom Grandstand. A brief opening ceremony will be held to signal the start of the parade.
Participants: The following groups may participate: business corporations and companies, local government units (including barangays), schools, civic clubs and associations, fraternities and sororities.
Attire: The dancers must wear colorful costumes preferably with matching headdresses.
Music: Any popular dance music (example: ‘Gangnam style’) performed by a marching band or by tape recorded music played back on a good quality audio system. The audio system must be installed in the float or in the service vehicle if the participating group has no float.
Float: The float must be a motorized vehicle bedecked with flowers, balloons and ribbons prominently displaying the company name and logo together with the name: “Iloilo Dinagyang Festival 2013”. It will also display this year’s theme: “A Fusion of Boom and Grandeur.” The group may have muses, consorts and company mascots.
Prohibition: The following are strictly prohibited: drum and bugle corps, military/fatique uniforms, motorcycles (except for the parade marshals), horses, indecent attires/images and political advertisements/campaign materials (politicians may personally join the parade). The Dinagyang Committee reserves the right to forcibly remove a participating group at any stage of the parade if this condition is violated. Any motorized vehicle, other than the float and the service vehicle, that will accompany the participating group will be treated as additional float and will be charged accordingly.
- Best Float
- Best Festival Music
- Best in Costume
- Best in Choreography
- Crowds’ Favorite
The winner will receive the official Dinagyang Trophy which will be given during the awarding ceremonies. The winning group will be duly notified through cellphone number 09394276228 and should send a representative to receive the trophy during the awarding ceremony at the Freedom Grandstand in the evening of January 27, 2013.
Assembly Area: Assembly area is from Mapa Street fronting the Freedom Grandstand, Rizal Street (in front of the University of Iloilo) all the way to Plaza Libertad area (in front of the Land Bank of the Philippines).
Parade Routes: The parade routes will be as follows: Freedom Grandstand => J.M. Basa Street => Iznart Street => Provincial Capitol => Gen. Luna Street => Quezon Street. All groups must exit at the corner of Quezon Street and Ledesma Street. Participating groups may perform in front of the stage provided the same should not exceed three (minutes). An automatic deduction of 10 points will be made from the total point score in excess of three minutes. The group should only perform in front of the two designated performing areas, namely: Freedom Grandstand and Iloilo Provincial Capitol. Any group which fails to arrive at the 2nd performance area (Provincial Capitol) 5 minutes after the last group has left will be automatically eliminated from the competition.
Company products, brochures and pamphlets may be distributed along the parade route provided the same will not result to commotion or disturbance or cause any physical harm to the public. Expired products and harmful materials should not be distributed.
Sequence of Parade: Contestants – drummers – float (if there is one) – 1 service vehicle.
The order of the parade will be based on a first come, first served basis; that is, based on the date and time of payment. Each group is required to carry a placard showing its pre-assigned number and the name of the company which must be carried in front of the group.
Requirements for Participation
- Payment of registration fee:
- Corporate Sponsorship (with float): P15,000.00
- Small Business Sponsorship (with float): P5,000.00
- Small Business Sponsorship (without float): P3,000.00
- Additional charge of P50/participant in excess of 50 participants (including drummers and instrumentalists)
- Additional vehicle: P3,000.00 per vehicle, regardless of type
- SEC registration or Business Name Registration from DTI or any public document or endorsement letter from the local chief executive (in case of LGUs)
Conditions for Participation
Aside from the foregoing, the participating group must comply with the following conditions:
- Carry the Iloilo Dinagyang Festival 2013 logo,
- Performers shall be required to wear colorful costume with hand props and head dress.
- Risers are not allowed. However, each participating group shall be allowed to carry one (1) horizontal parade streamer with a maximum size of 1m x 6m indicating its registered name. Additional drop banners may be allowed up to a maximum of five (5) for Corporate Sponsorship and two (2) for the others. Drop banner shall not exceed 3 feet x 5 feet. No streamer or banner will be allowed to be carried by the registered entity other than its own.
- The group shall be required to show Official Receipt (OR) as proof of registration during checking at the assembly area before the start of parade.
- Deadline for registration is 5 PM, January 18, 2013.
- Sponsors Mardi Gras Committee shall keep a registry or record of registrants containing Control Number (Order of Registration/Parade is indicated on the OR), OR#, date of payment, amount paid, no. of streamers. The committee will provide secretariat or stage preparation & parade control committee (SPPC) one copy each of registry for inspection purposes.
- Participating groups should come to their designated assembly area at least 30 MINUTES before the start of parade. They should strictly follow the assigned assembly place and time and police their own ranks to ensure safety and security of the group.
- No ad, banner, streamer, flaglet, fan, hat, visor, ribbon and t-shirt or any advertising material to be distributed, carried or worn by any member of the group or attached/pasted to any vehicle joining the parade issued by competing companies of the company which locked out the sponsorship.
- Violation of any rules/regulations stated above is ground for revocation/cancellation of participation without refund of registration fee and disqualification from joining the Sponsors Mardigras Parade.
There will be a briefing for all the participating groups on January 19, 2013 (Saturday) at 2:00 PM, Lee Chuan Conference Hall, Freedom Grandstand, Iloilo City. All participating groups must send a representative to the said meeting.
For queries, please contact Atty. Raul S. Anlocotan, Chairperson, Sponsors Mardi Gras Parade, Iloilo Dinagyang Festival 2013 at cellphone number +63(939)4276228 or email: email@example.com.