- The competition is open to festivals in the provinces, cities, municipalities as well as schools in Panay and Negros areas. Registration starts on Nov. 29, 2016 and ends December 29, 2016. Registration of participants is on first come first serve basis.
- The composition of the tribe/contingent must be within the minimum of fifty (50) and maximum of one hundred (100) dancers/performers;
minimum of twenty (20) costumed props men; and maximum of thirty (30) instrumentalists.
- The dance entry must depict a festival of a locality or local culture and customs and traditions. It may include environmental awareness/protection and cultural practices. Dance movements and costumes must be suited to the concept. Live music or taped/recorded music maybe used. Each competing group must carry the “theme” of its local festival which must be clearly shown & expressed in the storyline.
- The presentation shall be not less than eight (8) minutes and not more than ten (10) minutes including entrance and exit. The first step or
movement of the performers starts the time of the performance. A deduction of one (1) point shall be made for performance with less than 8 minutes and for every one minute that exceeds the ten (10) minute limit. The deduction shall be made in the specific judging area where overtime has occurred.
- Choreographed movements shall not endanger the performers. The use of risers and platform is allowed. However, they shall not be more
than six (6) feet high. Group performers using props as their background and as part of the performance should not be more than twelve 12 feet in height and 32 feet in width. However, the use of hand props is encouraged. Violation of guideline No. 5 would mean 5 point deduction from the criterion “production design” in judging areas where such violation is observed.
- Timing of the Performance.
- 6-A. STARTING LINE MARKER shall be placed visible to the stage timers in every performance area. The participating group shall take position before the starting line while preparing for the entrance.
- 6-B. The timing starts when the dancers, props and risers move beyond the starting line.
- 6-C. The official timer on stage shall raise the green flag as a signal for the group to prepare for the start of their presentation; and shall bring the flag down to indicate the start of the performance.
- 6-D. On the 9th minute, the timer shall raise the YELLOW flag, to signal that only one minute is left and that the tribe shall finish/wrap up the performance and immediately start the exit.
- 6-E. On the 10th minute, the timer shall raise the RED flag to signify the end of the performance. A deduction of one (1) point overtime will be counted for every one minute of delay with the deduction of one point from the total score of the performance criterion of every judge in the area where the violation occurred.
- The contesting groups shall perform in five (5) judging areas in Carousel. Competing groups shall maintain discipline and order while
parading in between judging areas.
- JUDGING AREAS – LOCATION
- 1 ILOILO FREEDOM GRANDSTAND
- 2 ILOILO PROVINCIAL CAPITOL
- 3 COR. MABINI – DELGADO STS.
- 4 COR. QUEZON – LEDESMA STS.
- 5 IZNART STREET – MA. CLARA AREA
- Drums shall not be the dominant musical instrument to differentiate the Kasadyahan music from that of the Dinagyang Ati contest. However,
indigenous musical instruments are encouraged, i.e. bamboo, wood, etc.. String and wind instruments may be used.
- The use of flammable materials such as pyrotechnics as part of the performance is strictly prohibited. A five-point deduction from the total
final scores shall be imposed against any contingent that violates this provision.
- Tribe managers, choreographers, and other members of the competing groups are not allowed to coach or direct the performance. They are required to stay only at the back of the performance area. Furthermore, they must attend meetings scheduled by the Kasadyahan Committee.
- The group must be properly identified with 2×3 feet rectangular placard showing the registration number and the official name of the group
(front and back).
- Contingent shall be responsible in cleaning/ clearing the performance area after their presentation.
- The raw score of each judge shall be converted to ranks. The highest score shall be ranked 1, second highest shall be ranked 2 and so forth. In
case of a tie, the group that gets the most number of higher ranks shall be considered the winner.
- Absolutely no participant or contingent’s representative shall be allowed to contact, in any way or manner whatsoever, any judge with the
intention of questioning the Board of Judge’s decision.
- The decision of the Kasadyahan 2017 Board of Judges shall be final and non-appealable. Questions or clarifications will not be entertained after
the winners have been announced.
- Reading of synopsis is not allowed during the contest; however, a one paragraph synopsis (short size bond paper) describing the presentation
must be submitted to the Chairman, Kasadyahan 2017, DR. EDEN D. DERIADA, not later than January 3, 2017.
II. STREET DANCE COMPETITION (in between judging areas)
There will be designated areas for the START and END of the STREET DANCING where the contingent will be judged.
STREET DANCE AREAS – No. Start – End
- 1 Cor. JM Basa – Aldeguer Sts. Cor. Iznart – Solis Streets (Land Bank)
- 2 Cor. Gen. Luna – Valeria Streets (PNB) Gen. Luna Overpass – front of Iloilo Central Elementary School
- 3 Plazoleta Gay Cor. Iznart – De Leon Streets (BPI)
Each contingent must have a parade routine of choreographed street dance to be performed in designated areas. Common music shall be used
(“Hala Bira Iloilo”).
III. CRITERIA FOR 2017 KASADYAHAN CONTEST
AREA PERFORMANCE (100%)
- Choreography 20% – (suitability of the dance movements to the concept)
- Performance 30% – (showmanship, mastery, unity)
- Theme/Concept 20% – (adherence to the theme)
- Production Design 20% – Costume 10%
- Props 10%
- Music 10%
- TOTAL 100%
A. STREET DANCE (100%)
- Endurance 30%
- Choreography 30%
- Performance 30% – (showmanship, mastery, unity)
- Costume 5%
- Props 5% 10%
- TOTAL 100%