The Kasadyahan is a cultural dance parade and contest held on a Saturday before the Ati competition of the Dinagyang Festival. It is participated in by the municipalities and local government units and schools in Western Visayas. It has become a major cultural event that has a soul of its own, completely distinct from that of Ati-based performances. It focuses on celebrating the goodness of the Creator for the bounties given the Western Visayans through a grand dancing parade filled with color and grace.
Since its inception, Kasadyahan has captured the attention of local and foreign countries alike as well as the media, thereby making Iloilo a popular destination on the month of January. This year’s emphasis is on the theme of each tribe presentation through dance drama. It is a search for best dance interpretation of festivals of each competing group that shows exceptional qualities in dancing skills and dance themes.
This year, it is supported by the Department of Tourism – Western Visayas, and will showcase the best of Western Visayas to the world.
2014 Kasadyahan Festival Regional Fiesta confirmed participants:
- Kalibo Ati-Atihan Festival of Kalibo, Aklan
- MassKara Festival of Bacolod City
- Manggahan Festival of Guimaras
- Saad Festival of Leganes, Iloilo
- Tribu Hugyaw of Silay City, Negros Occidental
- Sinadya sa Halaran of Roxas City, Capiz
- Busilak Pintaflores Festival of San Carlos City, Negros Occidental
- Tribu Banigan Festival of Libertad Antique
- Tribu Panubli-on of Professional Electronics Institute
- Hugyaw of Saint Therese College, Iloilo City
- Pan-ay of Fort San Pedro National High School, Iloilo City