- PHOTO ELIGIBILITY -This photo contest is OPEN TO ALL professional & amateur photographers and hobbyists.
- THERE IS NO ENTRY FEE REQUIRED TO JOIN IN THIS YEAR’S COMPETITION.
- CATEGORIES – There are two categories for the Dinagyang 2014 Photo Contest
- ATI / KASADYAHAN CONTEST CATEGORY
The subject can either be an Ati or Kasadyahan participant (individual or group) taken strictly during their official performances on January 25 & 26, 2014. Deliberately staged or posed shots are not allowed.
- STREET CATEGORY
These are photos taken in the streets of Iloilo during the Dinagyang festivities from January 20 to 26, 2014 with particular emphasis on the themes depicting celebration, sharing and bonding. Subject may be an Ati or Kasadyahan participant (solo or group shot), or of any Dinagyang activity such as the Fluvial Procession or the arrival of the Sto. Nino image from Cebu, among others.
- CRITERIA FOR JUDGING (both categories)
- Visual Impact : 30%; Technical (exposure & focus) : 30%; Artistic (creativity & composition) : 40%. Total : 100%.
- No entry fee required to join. Photographers who want to have a Photographer’s ID Pass should apply for accreditation at the Iloilo City Public Information Office c/o Ms. Lucy Sinay at +63(917)8923571. Accreditation guidelines and forms can be obtained from the official website for Dinagyang 2014 at http://dinagyangsailoilo.com/guidelines/media-photographers-and-bloggers-festival-accreditation-guideline/
- Each photographer can submit a MAXIMUM of THREE (3) entries for EACH category.
- PHOTO FORMAT / ENTRY DETAILS (for both categories)
- Each entry must be taken with a digital or film camera and submitted in either an 8″x10″ or 8″x12″ color print without border. Digital entries must also submit the digital file (either on JPEG or Raw) on a CD In actual size with 150 dpi or higher resolution. Photos taken with film negatives must be scanned into a digital image file (JPEG/ TIFF) and submitted on a CD in actual size with 150 dpi or higher resolution.
- All photographs should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appeared. Photos that have been digitally altered or manipulated beyond standard optimization may be disqualified. Images that do not meet these requirements may or may not be judged at the judging panel’s sole discretion.
- Participants should write on a piece of paper their name, address & contact number, email address taped on the back of each of their photo entries. These, plus the CD, should be sealed in a long size brown envelope for submission.
- Deadline for submission of entries will be on February 5, 2014, 5:00 p.m. at the PHILIPPINE RED CROSS – ILOILO CHAPTER , 2nd Floor, Bonifacio Street (beside R. Avanceña Hall of justice), Iloilo City (Tel. no. 033-3375950).
- By submitting an entry, each participant agrees to the Official Rules and warrants that his or her entry complies with all requirements set out in the Official Rules.
- USER RIGHTS
By entering the contest, participants grant the Iloilo Dinagyang Foundation Inc. (IDFI) a royalty-free, world-wide, perpetual, non-exclusive license to display, distribute, reproduce, and create derivative works of the entries, in whole or in part, in any media, for any educational, promotional, exhibition, archival, and all other standard purposes of the Foundation. Any photograph reproduced will include a photographer credit as feasible. The Iloilo Dinagyang Foundation, Inc. will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses. All prints & CDs submitted shall be the property of the IDFI.
- EXHIBIT, AWARDING & PRIZES
Pre-screened entries will be exhibited on February 10-16, 2014 at SM City Iloilo and the awarding of winners shall be on February 12, 2014 on the same venue (nschedule is tentative). NOT ALL ENTRIES SHALL BE ON EXHIBIT.
- Prizes are as follows:
- ATI/ KASADYAHAN CATEGORY:
- FIRST PRIZE: PhP25,000
- SECOND PRIZE: PhP10,000
- THIRD PRIZE: P 7,000
- CONSOLATION PRIZES of P 1,000 each
- STREET CATEGORY Prizes sponsored by (GREENWICH PIZZA & PASTA):
- FIRST PRIZE: PhP 15,000 & FREE PIZZA FOR ONE (1) YEAR!
- SECOND PRIZE: PhP 7,000
- THIRD PRIZE: PhP 5,000
- 5 CONSOLATION PRIZES (Gift Certificates from Greenwich)
- The decision of the Board of Judges is Final. The organizer shall have the right not to entertain any protest or complaint after the final decision of winners shall be made.